Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Task Complete!

Day 14


# 28 - Label all our movies

I actually did this one by accident. It wasn't like I planned it out and had a system. I just basically cut out little pieces of paper that said 'c.linfitt' and taped it on to each dvd case.

It started because I wanted to make my living room more efficient and save myself from constantly pulling my son out of my dvd's and wires and what not. It was a two day project but it worked out quite nicely. Even managed to still do my 1 hour of cleaning and 1 load of laundry a day. I'm hoping eventually to push the laundry to every 2nd day (you know ... for the environment) or even being able to adjust it to twice a week ... something will come up once I get a nice system going.

Proof I labeled my DVDs
It's quite surprising how much cleaning can get done in 1 hour. I never realized it only takes me 10-15 minutes to do dishes ... way less than that sometimes. then to wipe the counters and sweep the floors ... then I even, quite often, have time to clean the bathroom. Last week, I had time to reorganize the bathroom. That did set me back but now I'm even getting to the point that I can plan to do other things/projects in that one hour. Like the basement, the kids rooms, our room, clean the fridge, organize cupboards, keep a running grocery list. It's quite nice. Although I do get 'set back' when my routine is interrupted, even on my sleepiest days I can still muster energy for an hour of cleaning and some laundry. I try to get the kitchen (dishes done and counters cleaned and the floors swept), the porch tidied, a load of laundry in the wash, dried and put away, living room tidied, bathroom tidied and the kids bedrooms tidied. Sometimes it all gets done and more ... and other times not. Sometimes I do exactly 1 hour of cleaning, and other times I keep going (especially project wise)



# 93 - Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. Okay, you're right. It was easy because Amelie wanted to watch it. Still counts.

#96 - Nightmare by Piers Anthony - pretty much the rest of his books from this book on will be on this list haha. What can I say ... they are the bomb. (that means awesome) and I also read Dragon on a Pedestal by Piers Anthony.

#98 - Made a Spaghetti Casserole. It was alright. It had been intended for Gayle, but after eating it ... I realize it is probably not going to agree with baby Avery. Maybe if I took out the onion and red pepper, but then ... there wouldn't be much taste to it.


It was even good as a left over! I made some for Gayle but
I don't think it's a good idea now. She's eating bland.

I'm already failing some goals :


43. Do yoga at least 2 times per week. For 15 minutes.Harder than I thought it would be to get back into it.

46. Go for a walk. Twice a week.I just kept forgetting ... unless walking to the garbage bin counts.
So I already owe 4$ for each of those tasks. Lame-o. I won't count them as failed unless I either quit them, or complete less than half.

Charity = 6$
Kids = 20$

Seriously. I'm starting a spreadsheet for this.

I'm SO excited to start some spreadsheets for this!!!

No comments: