Pages

Thursday, February 3, 2011

30 days of truth ~ Day 23 - Something you wish you had done in your life.

Another easy one. Well easy to come up with anyways.

Stood up for myself. Stand up for others.

I suck at it sometimes. I wish that in the past, especially after Amelie's birth ... that I would have stood up for myself. It doesn't matter if I don't have facts ... or statistics ... I don't deserve to be treated poorly like that especially after such an intense life changing experience. No one deserves to be treated like that.

I wish I had become a nurse. Damn it. I know, I know. I still could. If I could take the course in PA ... I honestly think I would. Well ... I'm glad I wasn't a nurse ... because then I might not have experienced things the way I did ... hmmm ... food for thought.

Well ... I can work on my confidence. Strengthen it with knowledge. Everyone knows that knowledge is power, ignorance will get you a job at McDonalds for the rest of your life. Okay I don't actually know what ignorance will get you but seriously ... it's 12:46 am and I drank a Pepsi thinking Will would be up all night and he's sleeping so ... just deal with it.

Interesting fact : I met a nurse educator while at the hospital and she told me that PA was hiring midwives. Not gonna lie. I was pretty surprised because I hadn't heard anything haha. She also thought my homebirth's were cool and she answered all my absolutely ridiculous questions very thoroughly. She gets an A
.



1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Yay for that nurse educator!