Pages

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

30 days of truth - Day 01 ~ Something you hate about yourself

Okay I saw this on a friend's site. Stole it. Meh. She didn't copyright it so ... tough crap! 30 days of truth it's called and you have to do the list (it's at the top in my pages) It's pretty neat!

Day 01 ~ Something you hate about yourself.

Hm. Well. I can probably come up with a few inadequacies, but actually hate something about myself? Okay. I got something. I don't know if I actually hate it but it's something I strongly dislike that I'm trying to work on.

I have a hard time making friends and/or keeping them. I don't know for sure ... but I'm thinking it's my strong opinions. I have them that's for sure and although I most definitely don't mean to sound judgmental, I'm obviously coming off that way. (Or I outright smell bad or something) There are a few people who just love me the way I am and are still my friend despite our differences and they are major ones! Birth choices, immunizations ... but on the other hand ... some people I have big commonalities with don't exactly like hanging out with me either. I probably overload them with correspondence because I'm just so happy to have at least 1 thing in common. Sigh. This is something to ponder on. Although I'm not looking for tons of friends, it would be nice to have a bit of a social life.

Maybe if I wasn't such a recluse (stolen word from friend's site) I am. I'll admit it. Parties (such as optionelle, tupperware and other) weren't my thing. (I enjoy them now though) I really didn't feel ... part of the crowd? Because I've done and still do things SO differently I'm honestly worried I'll start a fight, or get ganged up on, or just plain feel like an outcast. Dumb right? But it's true, it's happened before!!! Also, it's hard to have a real conversation at a party.

I really hate this about myself. I wish I could be just a bit more 'friendly' in some instances and a little less 'friendly' in others.

I hate having a hard time making friends. Point final.

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

I am happy to say that I am still one of those people who love you no matter what!! I will admit that my opinions do differ from yours, but you know what? I KNOW that you are doing what you feel is BEST for your kids/family, and that is ALL that matters!

I know that there are people I hang out with on a normal basis whose points of view differ from mine, but I like to think that we are all adult enough to get past the little things and hang on to the big things.

Example - the other night we had a drama meeting and my friend was a little short tempered with me for some unknown reason and it bothered me when I went to bed that night. The next day I was going to call her and ask if she was ok, but instead she called me FIRST and apologized because she didn't mean to talk to me like that, but her grandpa had just gone into the hospital and they had called the family in (he has since passed away, please say prayers for their family). I told her I was glad she called because it had bothered me a little, but that was a good reason to be a little "off". It does take work, but some people don't care about the small things.

Anonymous said...

hmm, im alot like you Corinne, and as time passes those who are your true friends Like Dorothy and myself will still be hanging on every halarious word out of your mouth. As for worrying about what other "think of you" the first question should "what do i think of them?" your personal choices in raising your kids is and will always be yours , hehehe we are thinking of homeschooling and getting some strnage lookie loos but i dont care i really really dont. I have a few good friends most of them are related but i do think they are the only ones who can handle my brash talk and spelling mistakes hahah. Love ya STAY YOU don't change for others they wouldn't do it for you.

Corinne Linfitt said...

Anonymous ... you can not remain anonymous ... I will go nuts. fYI. ;) I'm interested in the homeschooling, probably not going to go that way, but really interested in it. And awwwwww I will gladly correct all your spelling mistakes. lol