Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

This is a poop story.

It all started innocently enough on a normal winter day. Amélie yelling at the top of her lungs that she had to go 'caca'.


"MOM! I HAVE TO GO CACA!"

So I took her pants and panties off and she went to the bathroom. The sound that followed was gross, but I went and checked it out anyways. Yup. Diarrhea. Of course I wasn't concerned. It was going around and who knows what COREY fed her.

Interesting fact : Corey will feed her whatever he's eating. He eats spicy/hot/greasy food. Often.

This happened the next day as well. Still not concerned. THEN. IT happened. White poop. White diarrhea actually. AT first, I wasn't concerned. She's had this before and it was no big deal actually. I was a little perturbed at the site (not gonna lie, may have gagged a bit).

The next day ... again, but not diarrhea. So. I did what EVERY responsible parent does. That's right. I googled it. Lame ass idea. After terrifying myself that she was going to die of some liver related disease!! Or clogged bile ducts!! I managed to read the rest and narrow it down to A) Malabsportion, or B) Intestinal infection or at worse c) clogged bile duct. So I did what every concerned mother who has googled it does ... I called my mom. Hearing her be all worried actually calmed me down HAHA (oh mom) She suggested yogurt and some other stuff and she also thought it might be worms. GROSS! I didn't think it was.

Let's be reasonable, she wasn't experiencing pain at all. No fever, no jaundice, nothing to indicate a problem with the bile ducts or even the liver or anything at all. So after a bit of nutritional research I did what I should have done a long time ago and brought the hammer down on her nutrition. No longer was she allowed to eat what she wanted to. I made sure to have out some healthy treats to soothe the tummy and try to slow food down. It's called the B.R.A.T diet. Okay I totally added stuff to it but I basically cut out sugar and fruit and veggies (fresh ones that is) She was just passing them right through and not digesting anyways and the juice was making it super hard to tell what color her poop was. TMI? Too bad man, you totally saw the title.

The next few days, her movements (bowel that is) were still not what I wanted to see, but I reassured myself that it would take time. She was sleeping better (I noted) and her attitude was toned down (WHAT? You mean ... sugar makes kids hyper?! WHATEVER?! ;) I also watered down all her drinks (She only noticed once) The next one was literally a little yellow poop and then a green one. I was like. OMG amazing. Two totally different colored poops! (Uh yeah I totally looked at it. Closely. I didn't touch it.) Then today was the last straw.

She'd been having these strange bowel movements for 7-10 days and I really wanted to get her on fruits and veggies! Plus her movement today was not impressive (well it was just not the impressive I wanted ... you know?) she also was sleeping much better but her eyes had circles under them! Anyways, I arranged to get her seen by the doctor.

I was right. She was just being normal. A totally normal little girl who jabbed the doctor on the nose and said "You're the doctor!" He checked her thoroughly as I filled him in on what had been going on and he agreed with me. She's just having a few digestion issues and they should straighten out in a couple of weeks. Phew. SO it's NOT liver disease. Haha. No, she would be really sick.

Interesting (and annoying) fact : This entire time Amelie was saying "MOM you're turn! Get on the bed. Mom! You're turn get on the bed!' and then proceeding to try and get me on the bed.

Her tummy was fine, digestion sounded normal so it was just her system getting back on course. Stay away from ALL milk products and red meat for a while, introduce it again slowly. Eat fruits and veggies, fish, chicken, but really bland, nothing spicy. (FROWN COREY) SO it's NOT kidney problems or anything? No, again she's not showing any jaundice at all and she's really not sick. (She's still getting louder and louder about him being the doctor and it's my turn and get on the bed, open my mouth so he can check inside)

SO. Bottom line. I worried about poop. Just that line itself makes me shake my head at myself sometimes. I had a decent reason to worry but after doing research I was right in my deduction. Thank GAWD someone is coming to visit me soon. I've had enough poop for today.

No comments: