Pages

Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Day 19

I just realized that the quarantine days are the same as the days we are into the chick incubation. I knew that at the beginning but … I guess I forgot. (shrug)

Today, Nikki's class went off pretty well again. It usually does. She did all her homework AND read a pile of books. It was actually super annoying because she likes to read out loud in a very monotonous and obnoxiously loud voice. She's doing really well but I was trying to edit an essay and get Amélie onto her platform.

Amélie did not get onto her platform and neither did William. I did manage to get William's platform onto my phone and kind of figure some of it out but William won't be able to post anything on there, it'll always have to be me so that kind of sucks … or maybe it's for the best haha. (just saying).

I asked Nolan to do a little school work and he informed me that he didn't have to because he was going to invent a new dance. I didn't argue.

In my own schooling, I rocked a plagiarism exam and I struggled with a grammar quiz. Truly struggled not with correcting sentences or making them sound nice, but with the official terminology. I did not care if I was using an adverb, or a pronoun, or a conjunction. -.- so now I have to go and do a little homework on it before advancing to the next level.

In my other class, my last two assignments were waived and my final exam will be an essay! I'm actually not displeased about that since I am now an expert at recognizing plagiarism (hahaha we'll see) and I like to write words.

Chicken update wise : I lost a barred rock hen yesterday and I'm still really displeased about it today. When I went to inspect chickens this morning I didn't see anyone else struggling but this weather can seriously go away. For real! This time last year they were out and roaming around. :( I need this weather to smarten up for my chickens! My chicks are growing like crazy - except for J-feathers. I have no idea what's going on with that one … it looks … maybe it's going to be a late bloomer?

It's been an ongoing debate about which kittens are girls (originally thought they were all girls) and which ones are  boys (kinda think maybe 1 boy?) They are also superbly annoying and scratch and climb my legs. It NEEDS TO GET NICE OUT. kthanks

This post lacks a lot of charisma because I'm grumpy at the wind. Maybe tomorrow I will have a much happier post.

Oh wait! I know ... I'll add some chicken pictures.

Mille Fleur d'Uccle at 7 weeks old

Some Buff Brahma x babies at 7 weeks old

A group photo of some of the others

This is J-Feathers. He/She should really have more feathers for being just about 7 weeks. Hmmm







No comments: