Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Day 18 - Technical difficulties

Day 18 consisted of multiple technical difficulties with our online learning. Amélie joined hers with 10 minutes left and only Nikki was really able to kind of participate in hers. We are still waiting to hear if the school will be lending us a computer to use for the distance learning. The kids don't really 'need it' but it will be good for them to keep at least up to date with what they've already learned.

I'm just going to interject that I'm pretty sure Nikki does not talk to her school teacher the way she talks to her current … teacher. Ahem ahem. Nikki. #whysosassy? #raiseyourhandsassypants.

In other news :

My barred rock hen died today! I was so upset! And confused. She wasn't half eaten or chewed or frozen just dead. I thought maybe squished? But that is weird considering how much room is in their coop. I looked around for blood or any signs of anything weird. Nothing. Just dead. :( I will be keeping an eye out for some replacement barred rock chicks because I really like those ones and now I can't hatch my own.

Also, Phoenix the rooster attacked Nolan. It was quite hilarious but also a big nono. Phoenix did not like the discipline he got for it but he better not keep it up or he'll be gone. I don't mind the attitude as long as they don't attack the kids. That's a big nono. Nolan was crouched down playing with chicks so he did look exactly like another rooster and since Phoenix was beaten up, I could understand. I've been collecting the eggs from the girls he is with and hopefully he's been keeping himself busy and we'll have some adorable baby chicks from him soon. I think tomorrow I'm going to update the chick pictures but … I might have hatching pics to upload … we'll see.

Time to watch some youtube or Netflix or read a book because I did homework all day today. Boo yah! 

No comments: