Pages

Monday, April 6, 2020

Day ... 17

It's 17 days into our … stay at home … quarantine? Isolation? … but I was not inspired to blog before day 17. I had a lot to do and still have lots to do like … cleaning. Also, I need to be cleaning my coop but the weather is seriously not cooperating and you can't shovel hard … well it's probably not hard because the coop is a bit heated. I don't want the chicks to get cold.

I have not left the house for 17 days - except once to get granola bars but that took 20 minutes.

My laying hens (and roosters) are freezing their butts off in the big coop (not really but it's not as cozy as the small coop). They are still laying really well … remarkably.

#cuelayingfreeze

The pigs are also adorable. I really just want to let them run around but I don't think they'd go anywhere because - it's cold outside. I would also be over them running around ten minutes after they started because they are pigs. They make big messes. Literally.

In other news, I have eggs in the incubator - wow this update is actually just going to be about chickens but I already facebooked that so I'm going to talk about our first day of distance learning.

First of all, Nikki was super excited and we did get her hooked up with her class. We do not have a computer that is able to handle the platform they want to do but I do have the work computer so … temporarily until the school can help us out, that's what they will use with strict supervision. I'm having a hard time following all the schedules because … 4 kids … that's … insane. Also, at the end of Nikki's class I was wearing a super low cut shirt and … I'm sorry kids. My bad. I will be more careful next time.

#awkward

I know you are thinking : Well teachers have 30 or more kids at different levels - except … they don't all have kids of various ages trying to all learn different things at the exact same time. At least in their classes they have a 'general' consensus of what's being learned. Maybe not the same letter of the alphabet but at least the alphabet.

This is not a complaint just a realistic view of all this with all my kids. I am not sure how anyone who also works is supposed to do the schooling thing but .. you do what you can.

Amélie we struggled with the platform to see the screen share so we actually have no idea what went on in that class. Ha. William was able to see everything but I was busy with my own class so … it's basically like we missed most of that. I am getting confusing emails from a lot of teachers and I know they are trying to sort it out on their end but since I can't actually access anything on the platform … I'm just … randomly doing things and probably going to be very annoying until we get organized.

Nolan didn't have class today because his teacher has a low internet connection. I feel her pain. Rural internet is kind of brutal most days.

All in all, it wasn't a complete fail.

I also made chocolate cake and read about plagiarism because that's what my next class is about and also grammar. Hahahaha. Grammar. Who needs that? Pffff.

#Ishouldworkonmygrammar, #grammaire, #plagiarismiswrong, #myeggsareinlockdown

No comments: