Pages

Monday, May 6, 2019

Egg turning

It's hard to remember to turn the eggs.

I'm used to just putting them in the incubator and walking away for 5-7 days, casually checking humidity when the alarm on my incubator would scare the beejeebies out of me.

This new incubator has two extra thermometers in it to keep an eye on temperature because it's not the same as what is displayed. Although, I suspect it might be an 'average' temperature that is being taken on the incubator because it varies either way but not too far right now.

The humidity doesn't change even when I add water. That's suspicious but not overly concerning at this stage of the game.

What is concerning is I have 6 eggs that are tiny and NOT on the turners and I need to remember to physically turn them by hand. my other eggs naturally turn every four hours (ish), my previous incubator every two hours - on time. These poor little late additions are going to be lucky if I remember they are even there once a day.

#sorrylittleguys, #Idoloveyou

In other news, the rabbit is very fluffy, but doesn't like to be picked up. I might be doing it wrong. We ordered a bunch of books from the library so we can learn a whole bunch of information.

In other chick news, they are getting so big!!
2 week old silkie (no name yet)

2 week old Brownie 


I am so excited to see their feathers coming in. A few are surprising me, like Brownie and my little 'Sophie', whom I think is actually a boy …

Also. As I was browsing some photos, I came across a photo of a rooster we'd brought into the house this winter to thaw out!

He is still alive and is the rooster we kept! AWWWWWWWW The feels. 



No comments: