Pages

Thursday, May 9, 2019

Day 5 (ish) and also my birthday!

Today started off pretty good! Got to work with the kids saying happy birthday. I had a good team to work with today. Lisa made me a little adorable cake!

And then barely 90 minutes into work, Amelie comes in and tells me she has a headache. I check her forehead, it's hot. Ah man. So I take her temperature. Fever. Bah. She goes back to class and we get a sub to come in so I can take her home.

Once we are home, I double check with our thermometer. Same. So. What do to?

I settle her on the couch, then go check on my babies! I collect the eggs, let the chickens out that can't fly out. Laugh at the rooster who is SO BIG he can't fly high enough to escape the pig pen.

BAHAHAHAHAH #fatrooster

I spent way too much time watching him. I should have helped  him but I couldn't get in there.

Oh. Because also - Corey cut down the pig's 'door' so I wouldn't stab myself in the groin while trying to get in there but it ALSO was at the right height for them to jump out. Yup.

They jumped out. More than once. So he had to put a big board back up there. They now have outside access but geez … #highmaintenance hahaha.

They also ate all the chicken feed. The chickens aren't happy about it.

Anyways.

After doing all that, poking my head in at the little chickies, I decided to candle the eggs. I set Amelie up at the computer to mark down what I was saying and at LEAST half the eggs are developing. I tossed one out for sure because it had a blood ring. We will re-check the others in a couple days, likely on the weekend. Any blanks will get tossed so they don't explode in there. Yuck man.

I'm mostly excited for the lavender orpingtons and BOTH my little bantam cochins eggs are developing. That's super fun. The kids are excited for the crested polish. Look it up.

#whatdoIdowiththat?

I think I might take a nap. 

No comments: