Pages

Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Chicks and Incubator issues

Bah.

Last night, after I posted, Corey managed to fix my fan. YAY! But … then my heat element wouldn't work. I went into full panic mode. It's such an awesome incubator! Ouain! It's easy to use, easy to clean (ish) I can see everything. Such a disappointment. We worked on it till after midnight but I quit and went to bed.

Today Corey went and bought me a new incubator with an egg turner. EEek.

It's not what we like, but it will do! It's currently sitting in my room and it will run until the weekend when the eggs will go in. The eggs are here and I WAS a little disappointed not to get the specific eggs I had my heart on :( but after enquiring (maybe I don't know my eggs) she offered to save me some up for a second batch.

#donttellcorey

Hopefully these eggs do well in this new incubator, my last batch did so well considering they hatched out without difficulties.

In other news, when I got home today, we went to see the chicks and spotted a tiny hole. Yup. Down by one more chick. Down to 16. And Nikki's chick isn't doing much better, maybe even worse.

#totallysucky

On the upside I get to incubate more eggs?

I'll upload some more pictures soon.

Also, also - I last minute made Nikki some birthday invitations! OH YEAH! Birthday parties this year x 3 HHAHAAHA

May the odds be ever in my favor.


No comments: