Pages

Friday, April 1, 2011

Back to work on Monday

I'm horribly nervous. I've had two AMAZINGLY understanding bosses and now I have a new boss and I'm walking into a major to-do list. Last I heard I didn't have an office. My last communication with my new boss had him wondering why I wasn't at work today, but I have the email that says that Monday is my first day so ... what the hell ...

Also, we talked in January that I wanted a flexible schedule and right off the bat, I want a REALLY flexible schedule. Like working 4 hours, then 4.5, then 5 ... (I work 22.5 hours a week and my job requires it to be pretty flexible on the days that I'm actually needed/have work to do) I'm really hoping he's okay with that.

Normally, this would be like ... no big deal. At all. Why is it then?

I'm still breastfeeding my 11 month old little guy. I don't want to quit. He LOVES breastfeeding and it's saving us money. Being gone for 7.5 hours right off the start will do two things to me : MAJOR engorgement and probably major stress. I'm pretty sure that wouldn't go well so I'm hoping my boss will be open to some flexibility while we all adjust.

Will isn't sleeping his nights and I'm not making him. I don't mind, but it does make me need a teeny bit later of a start in the day.

To be honest, I really can't think of a reason why I can't have the flexible schedule I will be asking for. But we will see come Monday. Until then I just need to chill.

Anyways, I can't believe how fast they grow up.

Sidenote : Corey is going to have the RUN of his life chasing our toddler and almost 3 year old. ESPECIALLY since he got a fish tank and was ALWAYS critiquing my house cleaning abilities. HAHA. Okay but really he'll probably have the house ridiculously clean and the kids will be just playing quietly while he has supper or something going. Whatever. Beginner's luck.

No comments: