Pages

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Update 101 in 1001

I am 4 weeks, 2 days into my 101 in 1001 days.

I watched 2001: A space Odyssey. I would rather have watched a Star Wars marathon. Or paint dry. What the hell?! I will be forever haunted by the weird scary movie soundtrack and my eyes are scarred for life with the pointless footage of the slowest moving space objects EVER. Why show me some guy running in a circle in a space station? oooh fancy he can run upside down. I can't believe this made the 100 movies list. Seriously I can't stop wondering how this made the list. I thought it would be cool. Nope. Nopers. Noperoony. Not a keeper. Not at all. Never. Burn it. 

I also watched Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid and was pleasantly surprised. It was quite enjoyable! Even though the ending was lame. It had Paul Newman and Robert Redford in it and I actually liked it! WAY better than 2001: A Space Odyssey.

Date night : I'm counting one of our movie nights as a date night because I'm still breastfeeding and have no inclination to leave my babies at home yet ... so ... there.

Man I really need to make a spreadsheet to keep track of books/movies and other whatnot stuff ... or a calendar yah ... a calendar would work too. Better yet, a daily agenda! YES! But for now ... a notebook.

I'm seriously trying to finish Godfather Part II. I really like watching it, but it's a tad difficult with babies yelling, playing ... watching ... probably not a very good idea.

Turns out I only have 1350$ left owing on my student loan!! BOO YAH! That's pretty awesome! As soon as I can, I'm going to get rid of that sucker, make a few extra payments.

# 74 - Curling in a bonspiel might not happen/probably won't happen right now, but I don't know if there are bonspiels at the beginning of the season. If not, then I will owe charity ... or I might decide it's okay as long as I curl in TWO next year. We'll see how that plays out.

# 86 - No computer for 24 hours ... okay this one got away from me somehow, I kept overlooking it. I'll try and do it twice during the next month, if not, then I'll pay the charity fund. But I might die. So ... (deep breath) I know I can do it. I think I can! I know ... I'll get Godfather III and some other ridiculously long movies to watch.

I'm not doing so awesome on some of these tasks haha.

# 96 - Crewel Lye by Piers Anthony - I so love his books.

# 98 - Bacon/Beef soup - I didn't take a picture and I edited the recipe and used what I had, but totally counts AND it was awesome!
        - Herbed Fan potatoes - Seriously, just potatoes sliced not quite through and microwaved with some oil dressing thing. Easy.
        - I made something else ... but I can't remember .... I'll come back to this.

This update was LESS than spectacular, but ... it is what it is. Besides, I really want to write about how my blender almost died.

No comments: