Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

To confirm that I am indeed a strange, strange human

Last night, I made a startling discovery. As I was browsing books to download to my eReader without my husband's permission, I found out that my favorite character ... died. I almost cried. I definitely teared up. And I was furious!!! And broken-hearted.

I'll back up. I like LOVE Star Trek. Especially TNG, but also Voyager. When I got my eReader I was pleasantly THRILLED to discover that the book I'd chosen focused on the relationship between Captain Picard and Doctor Crusher. YES! Every fanfiction addict's dream! I read every page. I'm a fast reader and a 'skimmer' at best, but this book had my attention from the beginning. (Very, very hard to do) Then I was desperate to find the next and the next ... then I stumbled onto one where the prologue spoke of a pregnancy and I had to back up. I was happy but needed to take my time read each book. I promised I'd come back to it because I thoroughly enjoy Captain Janeway as well. er ... Admiral Janeway that is now.

Last night, I decided to skip a book because it focused more on 7 of 9 from Voyager and I liked her less, so then I got the next one. Only to discover in the next few lines that Admiral Kathryn Janeway had died! (sob, sob) I was stunned!! Confused!

So today I mourn the loss of a dear imaginary friend. RIP Admiral Janeway. I don't know if I can read that book now. I will. I enjoy torturing myself, and I need answers damn it! It'll be my figurative autopsy.

But seriously. I may have cried if I had been any more tired. For sure.

Shut your face and stop laughing at me. OR I will kick your vampire's love story into the ground! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, I also love Star Trek-TNG and Voyager. I watched it on TV though, back when I used to watch TV ;) I tried getting into the Enterprise series when it came out, but it never seemed to hold my interest...:D

Oh yeah...7 of 9 was one of my favorite characters :P but your right, no one holds a candle to Janeway!

Corinne Linfitt said...

I do not retract my dislike for 7 or 9 ;) and I have almost all the seasons of TNG, next is Voyager. I'm a little disheartened by Janeway's demise and keep hoping she'll suddenly be alive. Laaame. I know. lol