Pages

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Crybaby

Fuck. Off anyways.

GASP! A swear. But I'm supremely annoyed. The tiniest, stupidest thing sets me off. Let me paint you a picture.

I'm sitting in the recliner, snuggling my 8.5 month old son, watching the Golden Globes (Lord only knows why) and I'm not really paying attention, when I realize that the main guy ... who plays Sheldon .... on Big Bang Theory won an award!!! I got teary-eyed.

While watching Despicable me. The end, I got teary eyed.

Realizing that one of my favorite characters on Voyager dies in a book. Yup. Teary.

My daughter runs up to me and says "Mom, you're not listening to me! I love you so much!" You guessed it.

I've NEVER been the type to cry for everything. Funerals... okay a little tear, here and there. But now I'm pretty sure I cry more than the immediate family. Worse if I look at my mom. If someone I know has a traumatic birth experience ... I get teary ... even if we aren't actual FRIENDS!

What the heck is going on? I get teary eyed just THINKING about getting TEARY EYED!!! AHHHHHH!!!!

On the other hand, when trying to manipulate my husband, a little teary eyed ... ness ... goes a long way.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Babies do that to you ! hey are your world , there for you are all that much more sensitive. LOL i cry during cambels soup commercials or freaking toy story 3 or my favorite is in the card isle shopping for birthday/mothersday or fathersday cards.

Corinne Linfitt said...

HAHAHA ME TOO!!! OMG ... picking out cards is a cry-fest!! Toy Story makes Amelie cry too ... her saddest part is in Toy Story 1 where JEssie gets left behind so she thinks all slow music is sad lol. AWWW

Gayle said...

its cause all those years of NOT being teary eyes have caught up. The maternal instinct is catching up. I've always been teary eyed.. but now you hahaha welcome to the world of feelings ;)