Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

30 days of truth - Day 06 ~ Something you hope you never have to do

Bury my kids.

That's it. Nobody wishes that. Ever. Nobody hopes to bury their kid. Nobody ever wishes to give birth to a dead baby. Or find their toddler face down in a pool. Or any other horrific/tragic/sad story you can think of.

Sometimes, to remind myself that other peoples opinion on how I raise my child doesn't matter (because it's easy to get distracted in this world, I go to sites like 'Now I lay me down to sleep'. and I read the stories. And I cry. And I mourn the babies that were born asleep, or had horrible diseases or never got the chance to grow up. I go to some of my favorite blogs and read the journey that some people endure. The pain. The hurt. The confusion. And then I appreciate my children even more. I remind myself that snuggles in bed are not going to ruin their lives. That running around the house wearing whatever they want isn't going to ruin them either.

I think of baby Abby, who lived only a handful of hours.

I think of baby Ashlynd and of baby Matthew, who never got to breathe at all

I think of all the other little ones that didn't get to grow up and I hope I never have to bury one of my own. This is one thing that I'm sure we ALL have in common.

No comments: