Pages

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Because I have nothing better to do ....

... with my time than to create an exceedingly long list of tasks I will probably fail/not complete.  

Wow. I just discovered how to make a bunch of drafts and edit the date that they get posted. Amazing. 

I've decided to create a 101 things to do/accomplish in 1001 days. Idea stolen from my future sis-in-law. First thing to do on my list is ... make the list. I will complete this list by January 31st, 2011.

Just discovered how to create a 'page'. Now you can check out the list on the blog. There should be a tab marked '101 things in 1001 days. Right under my title.

I only have 9 things on my list. Suggestions? (sound of crickets) I'll come back to you in the morning.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

First, I'd like to say that unless you're completely hardcore, you won't finish all the goals. Some of them would be 'nice' but are just impractical or aren't anywhere near as fun as they seem.

So far on my list I have 12 incomplete/failed items. Oh well. One of my "to dos" is: For every incomplete goal put $10 in my savings and an additional $1 for every complete goal. (Amount may or may not be increased depending on my financial situation.) So I don't really feel bad about failing them. I've also changed some of mine as I go, altering them slightly or drastically.

The idea of the 101 in 1001 is not to have a whole bunch of massive things done... but if there are things that you'd like to do that are more expensive or something, then it's more practical than a New Year's resolution because it gives you the time to save up for a trip or whatever it is.

I'm on day 549 of 1001 and I have 39 completed, 19 in progress, and 31 so far untouched ones.