Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

30 days of truth ~ Day 08 - Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit.

My mom.

(Silence)

Haha. (sigh) But it's true. She didn't treat me like shit, at least not because I didn't deserve it (unless my manipulative siblings convinced her I was evil that day). Here's the thing. If your mom didn't make your life hell at some point or another, and you just lived in peaceful harmony ... you are a cartoon. Or on an 80's sitcom.

My mom made rules. Damn her. My mom had limits. Curse her. My mom wouldn't let me stay out past midnight pretty much until I graduated and even now she makes me call her when I get home. How DARE she love me?!!! I know right. What a beach.

And, it's not like as if I didn't have enough to deal with ... she made me do chores. Whatever!? right?? And get a job! She didn't buy me a car either, I bought my own at like ... 24 years old. Real nice. Can you feel the love? Oh. Worse even, she made me get a student loan and when I blew my money before going to Meadow Lake (the money she made me work for) she got mad at me! Like. AS IF!

Luckily for her, I turned out alright. Mom always said if a job was worth doing, then do it right for fuck sakes! She must have raised us with that mindset. And also to follow your instincts and be weird (I may have learned that on my own but somedays ... I wonder if it isn't genetic ...)

Thanks a lot. Pffffff. Making me grow up into a responsible, mature (debatable), socially capable (sometimes), human being (questionable). Didn't you have something better to do than to make my life hell?

Best mom ever. :)

Love you mom! :)

6 comments:

Gayle said...

That mom of yours sounds incredibly annoying for loving and caring so much.. DAM HER.. Sounds like she tries her best. (just give up) Sounds pretty amazing.. WAIT A SECOND.. that sounds like MY MOM OH MY GOD!!!!!! IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ps.weirdness is genetic. But U have to say i think we get it from BOTH parents. dad is a little ummm strange sometimes too.

Joanne said...

This post made me cry laugh......you know when you are laughing to hide the fact that there are tears coming down your face.
I love my mom too by the way...

Corinne Linfitt said...

Dad is his own strangeness for another blog post. And Joanne, I do that all the time while watching Village on a diet and eating my liquefied ice cream with powdered M&Ms.

Dorothy said...

It caught me off guard to read that you were going to write about your mom when the title is "someone who has made your life hell....."

But then as I read it, you are totally right! I went through a 2-3 year phase where I HATED my mother! We have the BEST relationship now, but I think that it would be totally different if we didn't go through that phase.

Thank you for reminding me that I totally want to do that to my kids later in life!!

Yvonne said...

LOL So I got a little behind on your days of truth and am reading back and I swear I haven't laughed this hard sitting in front of a computer for quite a while. And then I think Dorothy's comment topped it all off "Thank you for reminding me that I totally want to do that to my kids later in life!!" Oh yes... I have no doubt that my children will hate me until they're older and can understand what I did for them lol

Abeano! said...

This is fabulous! Please say your mom read this! Oh the wonderful truths in life.