Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2020

Day 23 - Tiny egg and chocolate chicks!

Sorry. I missed a couple days.

I was uberly distracted by chicks hatching.

There has been 18 chicks that hatched and there are still 2 eggs in the incubator. Both have had their air sacs drawback and I can still see movement in my tiny egg. I'm trying to remain calm. This hatch has been so adorable and exciting and I really, really want that tiny egg to hatch.

There have been some adorable and unique chicks that hatched. I'm almost sorry to see them go, but I'm also really happy they will go to a good home and I can hatch more. I hope I get more chocolate colored ones, definitely.

I am sad about the chick with the crooked beak/deformity but it IS eating and drinking and so … as long as we don't see it in pain or having too hard of a time it will stay here and grow. Hopefully that tiny egg hatches and it will have a buddy until they are a little bigger to go into the chick coop. I'll add some pictures another day when it's uploading properly.


No comments: