Pages

Sunday, June 23, 2019

We have a pip!

Both broodies are in the chick coop. Sitting nicely. The 2nd once, let's call her Blanche because ONE of them at some point was named Blanche.

So. Blanche has 4 brown eggs under her (replacement brown egg layers) and one of them has a pip. The other chicken, let's call her … I don't know. I'll take suggestions or think of something later, she has 3 of Polly's eggs - or Pocket's. I'm not sure but they are bantam sized anyways. I'm not sure when the small eggs will hatch.

My incubator eggs are going on lock down on Wednesday, maybe Tuesday. The bantam eggs are looking kind of close already and the smaller eggs sometimes DO hatch a bit early.

So. Once I see what is hatching and when it's hatching then I can rearrange my coops properly and my eggs.

In order to make some 'quiet' in the coop I had to move some 9 week olds out. Hopefully they are big enough to defend themselves. I put out two the night before and then a few more today.

Blanche

External Pip

9 weeks old and in the Big Coop

Cookie - I'm thinking of changing her name. Honey? Hickory? Hmmm

Brownie and a black one with no name.
They finally left the Big Coop to explore outside. 

Sophie and my fave gray one. 

No comments: