Pages

Monday, May 13, 2019

Chicks are 3 weeks old

Time flies!

I could be having another hatch right now but I took a week (actually my incubator died) before setting a new batch. The next set isn't due until May 25th.

These babies are already 3 weeks old. They are also growing like crazy over the last few days!
They now greet us at the door when we open the coop because they love us.

#theyrehungryactually, #wheresthefoodlady

Some of them are getting crazy looking feathers, some are HUGE, some are showing their genders already and some … I can't tell apart and regret taking their bracelets off …

Here are a few pictures! I will be doing a proper 'photoshoot' this upcoming long weekend when they are 4 weeks old.

Suspect rooster #1. He got a very red comb all of a sudden.
His feathers are also … frizzing. Not sure what that's about.
None of my crosses should have a frizzle factor. I will investigate
this tomorrow! This one is also still a snuggler. 

Group shot of the 15 chicks. 
Second born black silkie x. He's super anti-social now. All pictures
I have of him he's running. Even this one. #silkiesaresupposedtobedocile

Grey speckled silkie x. Very shy, kind of looks silvery or blue
in this picture. Also  belongs to William. 

Sophie - my sweet pick. She's beyond adorable and by far the tamest
of the entire bunch. She tolerates a lot of handling. I seriously hope
she doesn't turn out to be a rooster. 

Twilight - Amelie's chick. Sophie's counterpart. They both had 'stars'
on their faces but different colors. Their wings match their face 'stars'.
Super adorbs. Super cute. 

No comments: