Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2019

Chickens!!

Well, it's a little overwhelming when I post on facebook about my chickens all the time. I mean my statuses get so long it's more like a blog post anyways, so here we are. Back at the blog page.

First, let's talk about what I have.

Currently, I have 42 (or 43) chickens. There are :


7 roosters (Barred Rock, Easter Egger and Barnyard Mix)

This is my Barred Rock Rooster

My hens are a variety of those breeds as well as some crosses of those breeds. Also. Two bantams - breed unknown - a white one and a black one. They might actually be roosters, I don't really know, since they don't lay eggs. Which is super rude by the way. 

Super rude bantams. They also don't stay in the coop when I tell them to.


We are also hatching out some eggs this year that aren't from the farm. It's always super exciting to do that. I started with 32 eggs but over the next 16 days, 8 didn't develop properly. We have 24 eggs with wriggling little chicks left in the incubator for lockdown. Today is day 20 and that means there should be some pipping and hatching over the next couple-3 days. I did have a couple of eggs from the farm I added in a day or two later.

Lockdown time!!!


Pipped Egg! 







No comments: