Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Also. It's Hunting Season Eve

It's the beginning of goose hunting season and archery deer season. I'm pretty sure Corey is inventing some seasons like 'stalk and shoot at annoying birds in yard' or 'hide under a bunch of rocks and shoot coyote'. I'm pretty sure he's making those up. But. Now. It's officially hunting season and tomorrow morning he'll wake me up SUPER early because he won't have gotten things ready the night before so he'll be stomping around the house ... super sigh.

On the upside, there will hopefully be fresh goose meat tomorrow night for supper. And hopefully I won't have to cook any of it. Or ... clean any of it.

This year ... let's hope there is no unattended deer meat left on my kitchen table and no sink full of goose breasts to clean at supper time. The truth is, that's gross.

I appreciate the meat and don't mind helping to cut and wrap, everything else is a pain in the ass.

This is going to be a long four months.

2 comments:

Dorothy said...

I know what you mean. Ryan is headed out tonight for Joanne's so that he can hunt with your hubby. I have already told Ryan that "hunting gets in the way of bloody everything".....mostly cause I got some guys to go golfing at men's night today with him for an anniversary gift and he was almost going to blow it off!! He didn't, but i was sad....the goose jerky better turn out as good as last year!!

Corinne Linfitt said...

Here is my tip when it comes to hunting season. Don't plan any surprises and when planning make sure you say it a lot, over and over again.

Corey hunts everything he can possibly hunt so it gets a little crazy sometimes but he is getting better every year at picking and choosing. I already know all the opening days he's going out.

It's just the way it is. Hopefully he'll fill my freezer with an elk or a moose ... or ... BOTH!