Pages

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Kids Check-ups

Because life in the prairies isn't boring enough, I thought I would update you on my kids health check-up.

So they had a health check-up. The end. Just kidding, you don't get off that easy.

Amélie - 35lbs, and I can't remember how tall, but ... on the tall side.
William - 21-22 lbs, 29 inches tall.

Both are 100% healthy ... well except for our sinus congestion of course.

The biggest concern anyone has ever had about my kids (mostly my mom and I suppose a few co-workers and other people who thought their concern in their head) has been the dark circles under our eyes. Just so you can now all rest easy ... it's allergies. We live in a very old, poorly made house with poor air, lots of dust/molds etc ... WE aren't overtired, or lacking ANYTHING, just horrible allergies. This will not go away until we build a new house, so ... you know ... that's that.

Also, for all you parents who brag that their kid sleeps 10-12 hours a night, if you are giving him/her a bottle in the middle of the night that is NOT considered sleeping through the night. Just saying ... So my kids do not sleep their nights ... and it's normal so ... I could go all crazy and blast out against all those critics with the sleep thing but ... I'm too lazy today. LUCKY FOR YOU!!! lol.

Also, I mentally prepared myself to have a discussion about immunizations with my doctor. I was pleasantly surprised when I mentioned my concerns to hear that he had very similar concerns. (sigh of relief) Although I have more research to do I was SO glad to hear I was on the right track, there's nothing worse than having to find a new doctor when you already have a hot one .... good one that is.

Anyways I've lost my train of thought ... Barney's on tv so ... (shrug) I might come back with more  but ... probably not haha. Sigh.

No comments: