Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Rice Krispie Cake

Making Rice Krispie cake is supposed to be easy. In fact, Corey says 'Any idiot can do it'. QUITE obviously ... not any SMART person can because ... WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT!!

First of all ... why does it say butter OR margarine? This is B.S. because when I make it with butter it hates me. Hateful butter. But it doesn't taste as good with margarine.

Secondly, you can't make it with just any marshmallows, they have to be pretty recent, fluffy, fresh ones. If you make it with old, hard ones ... gross. Just barf in your mouth it'll taste better. Well no ... it won't ... don't do that. And they don't melt ... ever.

Thirdly, I can't seem to grasp the concept of melting marshmallows. I always end up with a clump somewhere or I get impatient and distracted and it burns to my pot.

Then ... I just can't seem to measure the Rice Krispies without making a huge mess everywhere. They don't pour properly out of the bag and that seriously ticks me off. Then the bag doesn't fit properly back into the box (eye twitch)

By the time I'm done mixing the marshmallow mix with the Krispies, the marshmallow stuff has clumped and is hard to stir. So of course, it's not mixed properly, then I finally get it smashed into the pan ... and in case you hadn't realized it yet, this is about the time I remember that I forgot to add Vanilla. Oy. Vey. (I don't know what it means, but it seems appropriate for this situation.)

I would rather crush ice with my blender.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

there is a trick to it and it depends on the margerine you use.I always use more marshmellows then they ask for.