Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Making bread

I'm making bread today. As in right. now. It's actually rising in the oven. The concept still surprises me. How did it happen?

Interesting fact : Will is trying wear socks on his head. It isn't working.
Interesting fact 2 : Since I already have 2 posts today I might only post this tomorrow which means the updates won't make sense. Keep this in mind when you are reading.


First, I thought it would be a good idea to make bread and freeze it. After that my body took over and made bread. All by itself.

Me : What's happening?
Body : Makin' bread. Don't panic.
Me : I'm panicking a little!
Body : Get the salt
Me : Salt? Okay. I can't find salt!!! (panicking now)
Body : Don't panic, it's going to be okay. Did you get the yeast?
Me : Omg. I did!!! How did I do that?? (freaking out)
Body : Now mix this together.
Me : No. I don't want to. (resisting)  Are you supposed to mix yeast? Wait. Stop arm! Why aren't you listening?!!!
Body : We're making bread. It's no big deal.
Me : (sobbing) It Is a big deal. (GASP for breath) I can't make bread!!!
Body : Look. You're doing it!
Me : (pause) I - I am. I AM doing it!! (Crazy happy) I'm MAKING BREAD!!!
Body : Now, cover it and put it in the oven.
Me : What if it doesn't rise?
Body : Don't worry. It'll rise
Me : I have to tell FACEBOOK!!
Body : After you clean up.
Me : No. You clean up.
Body : Okay.
Me : Okay. Wait a minute ....

Some time later

I told facebook.
Bread dough!!!



Update : The bread rose. I think. Not entirely sure, but when I punched it, it definitely had risen a little bit. So Amélie and I made two loaves and a little man. With a baby loaf for the little man. And now we're waiting to see if it rises again.

In the meantime, this :

I like shopping online. A lot. I've discovered a few sites, like Babysteals and kidsteals and scrapbook steals. The deals are awesome! But it depends what you want, sometimes the shipping is outrageous if it weighs over a certain amount. That means I couldn't get Amelie the awesome rubber boots that were on sale, nor could I get the rainbow blocks because it wasn't worth the shipping. But I did get babylegs, footless tights and a scrapbook kit of alphabets. I've also been perusing the Please Mum site. Anyone have experience with it? I can read a size chart a hundred times but still not be sure if it's lying to me or not.

Update : Bread rose again! Yay!? Now to see how it tastes once it's cooked/baked.

Update on the 'in the meantime' : Too late ordered stuff.


Also. I'm watching 'The Princess and the frog'

NEW update : The bread man was yummy.


Done bread! I forgot to get a picture of bread man. Oh well. Also.
I love how my bread doesn't really look like a normal piece of bread ... lol

1 comment:

Dorothy said...

LIKE!! Also, my bread never "looks" like bread, but it tastes like bread, which is good!