Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Maternity Leave

I still have 3 months (approx) of maternity leave left and I'm really bummed. Only 3 months? I am majorly pouting about it. Boooooo. But I simply can not stay home. Financially it makes no sense.

I was doing a bit of research though and realized that there was no one hired for my teacher's aid position. Since BOTH my positions at the school depend on student enrollment I'm a little worried. Going back for only 22.5 hours a week isn't going to pay for a sitter and bills.

Also, I'm really bummed because it means my great breastfeeding relationship will be coming to an end. I'm a shitty pumper and I guess I'll always have morning and night time feeds but still .... (lip quiver). 

I don't even have a sitter lined up. Or a breast pump.

I need a plan. Or I need to win the lottery.  Or somebody I know needs to win the lottery.

Fine. Plan it is. I sent an email to my new boss to ask about my jobs so we'll go from there. In the meantime = POUT.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What do you need to bring into the household on a monthly basis? What does it cost you to work? (Transportation, childcare, lunches, etc.) Consider finding those out as part of your plan. :)