Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

As the Linfitt World turns - Episode 'Pants'

Corey and I have a unique relationship. It's a love/hate one. We are as opposite as can be and as alike as can be.

For example : He likes hunting. I like meat. He likes fishing. I like fishing. He likes the dumbest reality shows in the universe. I like Star Trek.

Recently, he bought a pair of black fleecy type pants with a green design on them (some beer thing I think). He bought them before Christmas knowing there would be a constant ebb and flow of people through our house and especially with my sister going on mat leave (even though she's seen him in his gitch more than she will ever want to talk about)

At first, I did not try to steal them as I stole his Corrections bunnyhug, his Corrections sweatpants ... his Huskie sweatpants or any of this other cool shirts that 'accidentally' shrank. (No really, they accidentally shrank). But then as I walked around the house looking for pants (because I don't own any or hardly any) I stumbled (literally) upon his pants.

Me : Hmmmm ....(pulls on the pants) Soft!!

This goes on for a number of weeks before Corey tromps around the house looking for his pants. Finally he decides to get revenge.

Me: (doing dishes)
Corey : I SURE like my pants!!
Me: Yeah, they're soft (not paying attention)
Corey : Sure glad I bought them!
Me : Yeah, it was a good idea. (making sure I'm not wearing them - nope)
Corey : Soooooooooo Soft! (his voice reminds me of Marilyn Monroe so I start smiling.)
Me : Nice
Corey : Do you like my Tinkerbell pants? (Obviously he's tired of waiting for me to notice)
Me : (Turning to look. He is modeling my purple Tinkerbell pyjama pants I got for Christmas) Fabulous hun. A little on the short side ... no?
Corey : (looking down) Hello. Flood pants. Don't you know anything (gives me this annoyed look and walks away)
Me : Not when it comes to style.
Corey : We know who the cool one is in this relationship
Both of us : ME!!

These conversations are pretty normal in our house. He took them off shortly after, probably because he found his own, but most likely because I hurt his feelings about them being short.

And yet I'm still surprised at my daughter's sense of humor. Hm. (shrug)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Flood pants?? thats Capri pants , Poor Corey