Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

30 days of truth ~ Day 29 - Something you hope to change about yourself. And why?

Easy. Acceptance.

Not the pretend kind. You know the kind where you say ... oh yeah, smile and nod your head but really you mean 'are you nuts?'. I want to have the kind of acceptance that I can nod my head, maybe not smile or agree, but accept. And move on. That being said (best way to start a sentence ... ever. It's WAY fancier than saying 'on the other hand') sometimes I'm not sure if someone is actually asking advice in a ... you know ... subtle way or if they are just not wanting to talk about something. So sometimes I change the subject and they keep going back to it and  I'm thinking,

"What the hell is wrong with you moron! Are you trying to start a fight? I don't think we can be friends if you keep doing this. I don't want to talk about my blender!!!" you know what I mean?

and other times I can't get off the subject.

Them : Wow that weather is freakin' cold.
Me : You know what's cold? ice. My blender will NOT crush it.
Them : Wow. That sucks. I  hope the roads are okay.
Me : You know what's not okay. My blender. It will not CRUSH ice. WHY have a crush ice button? Actually when I think of it, why have ANY other buttons labeled as 'puree, whip, mix' they just all do the same things except at different speeds! Also, why doesn't it have a caution button ...like 'don't stick a spoon in the blender to try and push things down'?? Bad idea don't do it moron! They have a 'caution coffee is hot' label ...

So, yeah, I want to be able to accept things and ... I guess I better learn how to interpret them better to. Don't want to be just randomly accepting things ... that would be just irresponsible.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

As your kids grow , acceptance grows your lean from them. You also learn to read between the conversation. It comes as you get older, by the time your 80 you will know what ppl ae talking about but by then you wont care and you will be as honest as you ever wanted to be. I say im not waiting , I hvae been told "oh you dont know anything wait till your 40 , then you will know" WTF am i suppose to know Im 40 now . So im going to be honest with people , if they are wearing an ugly shirt i will tell them , I accept that it is ugly and they have worn it in public but they need to be told.

Corinne Linfitt said...

I'm looking for more. I don't want to just be 'honest' ... I want to be able to 'see' if someone is capable of taking an honest answer or if they need it sugar coated. For me to expect others to be in the same mental condition all the time and able to handle everything said to them all the time, is immature so I want to be able to read them better. I'm hoping ... by the time I'm 80 ... I have it pretty good. But like you said, by then I'll not care ... or ... I'll have Alzeihmers' and forget I already told them and keep telling them over and over LOL